Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a life fitness 95T Elevation series engage console........It

Customer Question

I have a life fitness 95T Elevation series engage console........It switches on and after few minutes it switches off automatically..... and then again it switches on after some time.....??Do you you any solutions regarding this..??
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am really waiting for an answer cause it's very urgent.......????
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that,How old is your treadmill?Does the console turn off completely? And can you re turn it on immediately and get the same amount of time out of it before it fails again?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It about 2 years........Yes both the console and motor controller switches off completely.......and have to stay for few minutes to turn it on again.......and should mention that I do not have to turn it on......it automatically turns itself on as well.........then again it shuts off.....
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information, does the machine sound normal when running as far as the motor sounds?Thank youTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it don't run at all.......display turns on, even before a command is given it turns off again......
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. The problem is a bad console. Its easy to replace and I will help you do that. It requires only a few basic hand tools to do this.The best place for the replacement console is Treadmill Doctor.They are the best with regards ***** ***** and reliability;-)Please call them for this part.TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST***-***-****. Once you have the part, reply ti this message and I will help you with this. Don't worry its easy to do. One thing, when you open the console cover, take a few pics of the location of the wiring clips. Also no soldering is needed! It all plugs into the board;-)Please rate kindly at this time, no additional cost o rate my service, then you can contact me after rating anytime for the additional assistance at no charge.I wish I had better news for you I really do but this is an indication of a failed console component. It may have happened due to a power surge, storm or outage as well, or just an electronic component that failed prematurely.Have a great day!Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already tried replacing 2 consoles not just one......replaced the motor controller as well still no good with any thing.......!!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi this sounds like you have gotten a bad console or even the same one back. I have been a technician for over 30 years and you wouldn't believe how many times this has personally happened to me. It seems that sometimes its a problem with their inventory shipping and handling dept.This problem exactly happening the way you described it is definitely a bad console nothing else. I am sure of this. i have done too many like it;-)You will need to exchange that one once again but tell them that you are getting tired of bad parts. Or if they will refund your money use Treadmill Doctor if you haven't already, they rarely have this problem.I wish you the best. If you really don't think that is the problem and you think it could be something else after all I mentioned you can have me call you to talk about this further. I will send you an offer, only accept if you need that.I will stick with you until this is solved, even if you need me to call the parts house on your behalf;-)Thank youTech MichaelPlease rate kindly at this time, I will be here for you still after that.