Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I am moving and trying to get the treadmill out of the room. The incl

Customer Question

I am moving and trying to get the treadmill out of the room. The incline will not go down below 1.0 but seems higher and the tread will not fold up. It appears the shock / lift is maxed out. I need a temporary solution then I will worry about fixing it.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I m sorry to hear that. Is the incline stuck all the way up?Thank youTech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said in the question, the incline will not go down below 1.0. According to the manual, it needs to be all the way down in order for the tread to fold up. What seems to be stopping the tread from going up is the shock / lift. Is there a way to manually get the incline to go all the way down or remove the shock / lift?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi i understand what you are saying, the best way to get the unit to fold if the motor wont run the incline, is to remove shock. lift, or the incline motor. I would remove the motor because it is the likely cause of the problem. This way it will already be out so we can test it once you are ready to fix this machine;-)Please let me know if you need more assistance or when you are ready to work on this to repair the treadmill. I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)Thank you and have a great day!Tech MichaelPlease rate kindly at this time.