Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Just bought a Nordictrack e8.7 it works fine but when

Customer Question

Just bought a Nordictrack e8.7 it works fine for me but when my husband gets on the one wheel jumps off the power slide....any recommendations?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The weight recommendations are 325 he weights 280 and is 6'2".
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Usually this problem is due to an alignment issue. Other users have encountered the same problem with this machine.
Try loosening the bolts on the pedal arm - if this helps then you have a bent/misaligned pedal arm. This is the most common cause of the problem.
There is another possibility as well, where the spinning disc mounts to is a metal crank arm that can bend. Unhook the pedal arm from the disc and see if it spins true or not. If it does not then the crank arm will need replaced. In either case, it is an easy fix once you determine which part is the problem.