Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

GA-Sha I have an image 10.0 treadmill-after a power outage-after the p

Customer Question

i have an image 10.0 treadmill-after a power outage-after the power was restored i heard a roaring sound in my exercise room- it was the treadmill running extremely fast-the console was not on-so i plugged in the safty switch and the console came on with belt still going fast-none of the controls work but it lights up-any ideas what has happened
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I have to honestly say, unfortunately, that the power failure was most likely accompanied by power surges or spikes. I am presuming that the treadmill was plugged in to the wall outlet directly, and not through a surge protector or other power filtering device.
If what I have guessed is correct (about the lack of power filtering) then your treadmill has suffered considerable damage to its control circuitry. The only chance of getting it back into working order without (possibly expensive) repairs, is to unplug it, leave it that way overnight, and then try it again after that interval. If the power surge was only mild, then it may merely be 'shocked' rather than damaged, and need such a power-down reset to allow it to get back to normal operating condition.
A surge protector, for all electronic devices of any value, is an investment that always pays off, in the long run.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was plugged into a surge protector
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u did not help me so i devlined the adfitional charge-remove it r i will challenge the charge thru bank america-i did not authorize the $21
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I was not aware of any charge to your account. Where charges and billing, payments and subscription terms are concerned, I have no power over that sort of thing and must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be reached through:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
They will no doubt address your concern with reasonable promptness.
(I have Opted Out of your question/case, with apologies for any inconvenience.)
Expert:  Shayne-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address.
Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/fitness-equipment/96cy1-image-10-0-treadmill-after-power-outage-after.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.