Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a T202 that the speed is way off. And it randomly speeds

Customer Question

I have a T202 that the speed is way off. And it randomly speeds up and slows down. I started or at least I think I started the recalibration mode and the directions said it would take up to 5 min. It has been going more like 15 min and still going. In the time section it changes from 0.0 to 2.6, 0.6, 2.7 etc. In the large section between the words incline and speed the number 37 is displayed. Any suggestions?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm sorry to hear that. How old is your treadmill?Also does everything else seem to work o from the console?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything totally works on the console. I would estimate the treadmill is 2-3 years old. I don't totally remember but I know we bought it after we moved into our new hone 3 years ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. This sounds like the speed sensor and accompanying magnet.Its pretty easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools and I will assist you if you need me then at no additional cost simply reply to me when you have this part.The best place to get the speed sensor and magnet is from Treadmill Doctor.Its best to call them for this to get accurate pricing and availability but its a common part so they should have this in stock for you. Also there is no soldering required to replace this part and it is inexpensive as well;-)I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)Thank you and have a great day!