Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am getting an error code on my 15 year old Horizon Treadmill

Customer Question

I am getting an error code on my 15 year old Horizon Treadmill that says 803. The belt does not move or barely moves when turned on. It beeps a lot. Any idea what could be wrong?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I advise you first of all, to turn Off the treadmill, then, while standing on both side rails, massage or firmly rub the buttons on the console with a circular motion. This is to address a possible stuck button or stuck control, which might doubtfully cause this problem.
The solution that you should try first, is that the belt needs readjusting, and lubrication (with the special, non-grease, lubricant these treadmill belts generally require.)
The belt should be adjusted, generally speaking, so that it is loose enough that it does not quite slip, but nearly that loose.
If the belt is adjusted (or, has shrunk up with age, and lack of lubricant...) too tightly, then it can stop the treadmill from working or running. An over-tight treadmill belt can cause wear, or even damage, in many other ways, such as by overheating the motor.