Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a pacemaster gold elite. The top display panel completely

Customer Question

I have a pacemaster gold elite. The top display panel completely broke off of the uprights (the welds broke) and it was hanging by the ethernet cable. I am getting error code 133. I believe I can just bolt the panel back on the uprights, but I am afraid when the panel was hanging by the cable, something got messed up at the jack where the ethernet cable plugs into the upper board. I have unplugged both ends of the ethernet cable and reattached them. Still error code 133.
Any suggestions?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If you can remove the covers over the machine, locate the motor controller board. (Near the motor, and connected to it.)
Locate the black wire leading from the motor controller board to the console. That may be loose. Make sure it is tightly connected at both ends. If it is broken, replace it... or something similar, depending upon the exact situation (and if you need further help, let me know the details.)
Also you might try a reset of the treadmill... though I confess there is little record of its doing any good for this particular situation.
(You might also examing the breakage of the mountings of the console/display panel, and make sure a crack has not run into the circuitry from stress, and perhaps simply broken the display panel and/or console. If so, that part will likely need replacing. Let me know if that seems to be the case, and I will find you a parts supplier or two or more, to choose from.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, I already have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the black wire at both ends and there is nothing noticeably cracked or broken on the circuitry/console. Like I said, I had already tried all of that before i contacted you, so unless you have a possible fix without ordering the upper panel, I know how to do that.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
How about the 'network cable' ? if there is one, going to the upper panel and/or console. Is it in good shape, all along its length, and both ends? And, can you swap another cable of that type in, to see whether that is not the problem ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
...if the cable in question is indeed a short Ethernet cable, they can be obtained from any good electronics supply store, cheaply enough, for such testing purposes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable looks fine and the lights come on to give the error code 133 and it beeps, so i think the cable is ok. I don't really want to spend the $30 to order a new cable that I probably don't need. I probably will just need to have a technician come out, or else just junk it.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Having a technician look at it sounds ideal enough at this point. Do you need recommendations for a technician competent to service a Pacemaster machine? if so, let me know what region you are located in, e.g. by zip code or postal code, or town/city and state. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure how to respond to this. I do not feel you told me anything I didn’t already know. I explained to you the situation I had, and your response really told me to check the things I had already checked to no avail. I hate to rate you badly, but I do not feel I should pay for information that I already tried and was not helpful.
Please advise me on how to proceed without giving you negative feedback, but also without getting charged.
Thanks!Troy
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think it might be best if I Opted Out at this point. Perhaps another Expert with something different to say might take up the case, then. I hope so. Thank you for following through the process thus far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Russell! Have a great day!