Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

There, I have a Tunturi R60 Rowing Machine, circa 2006.

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a Tunturi R60 Rowing Machine, circa 2006. The console fires up ok but the only combination of buttons that works is the + and - buttons to access the clock. I can't adjust the clock itself, and no other buttons get a reaction! Is there a simple answer to this problem?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
The electronic contacts under the buttons may need cleaning.
You will need to disassemble the console and try cleaning under the buttons using an alcohol wipe or similar contact cleaner.
Let me know if that works out for you...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How to disassemble the console?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You will need to remove the console from the machine frame first, as if you were changing the batteries, and then remove the screws from the console cover to disassemble it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We seem to be at cross purposes here! I'm referring to the buttons, not the console. It has occured to me that, since the + and - buttons can be used to access the clock, then surely they must be ok as far as contact is concerned. The other point that I'm wondering about is the likelihood of all six buttons becoming non-functional at the same time!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ah ok, you are only referring to the + and - buttons on the frame itself...
Can you get any reaction from the Start/Stop button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response from any of the buttons, with the exception that the +/- buttons, pressed together (as in the manual) brings the clock onto the main screen....but +/- buttons then don't set the clock (or do any other function)!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then it seems like a fault with the console itself then - not an uncommon problem on these machines, however the console can easily be replaced with a new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, I'm wondering if the problem could be with the electrical mains plug? The adaptor plug seems a "sloppy" fit! Specs on the adaptor are....Input AC 100-240V, 0.5 A, 50-60 Hz Output 12V, 1.25A....Is this correct?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that could definitely be the problem - the correct adapter for the R60 is a 6V 0.5A adapter:
http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/cart/ViewItem/27001232