Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My proform 540 control panel will not work. It lights up showing

Customer Question

My proform 540 control panel will not work. It lights up showing 2.0 but does not do anything?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi good morning and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your Treadmill?
Also were there any power outages or was the unit unplugged for a time just before this happened?
Please explain.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9 yrs old but only really used the past three years...no power outages and we only unplugged it when this started happening. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Please explain any responses you can get from the console now and is the error just comes up when you switch it on and cant get any further at that point.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It lights up when you put in the key but the speed control to right shows 2.0 but no response to any pushing of any keys. It shows 2.0 but the belt doesn't move.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all that information.
This unit has unfortunately a failed main console.
It will need to be replaced to repair this.
Its easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools if you are little bit handy.
I would help of course at no additional cost to you.
Its a bit pricey but I don't know exactly how much because the prices change often.
The best place to get a new console is Treadmill Doctor, they are the best for price an reliability. Also they ship the same day in most cases.
Website: http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/
I would highly recommend calling them for this part.
TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST (###) ###-####
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating. Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please don't forget to rate my service to you as it is the only way I receive any credit for my time with you;-)