J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a 5-year old TRUE ESX elliptical that is giving

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 5-year old TRUE ESX elliptical that is giving me a Stride Motor 2 error. I used your previously-posted instructions to determine the problem is the stride motor, not the board. I left a phone message at TRUE and tried the two websites you recommend, but neither listed parts for an ESX. Is there another TRUE model that uses the same stride motors?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 years ago.
Hmm thats a tough one, did true say they are not available? or did they not return your call yet? Those two sites are usually the best bet for getting parts.
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately they are part specific. So it goes off your serial # True would be able to tell you what part fits in that machine, and if its still made. They are usually pretty good about keeping back stock of parts. Even if they dont have anymore, sometimes they offer a service where you can send them your motor and they can rebuild it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I left them a message that they haven't returned. They are closed until Monday. I left the message this morning.
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 years ago.
Ah ok, yea they are only open m-f I would call back monday, it will most likely take awhile for them to return your message due to the volume of calls.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I look for the serial # ***** the bottom of the unit? I don't see it on my original receipt.
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 years ago.
It wont be on receipt. It will be on a small sticker near the floor on the frame of the unit.You may need a flashlight sometimes they are tucked away so they dont get scraped off during moving or use.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay thanks. I will have to wait for some help to be able to look on the bottom. I don't see it anywhere else. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually, I found it. So I think I'm set.
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 years ago.
Great, let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Nothing more for now. Should I expect to see a $26 charge on my credit card?
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 years ago.
I don't have anything to do with billing, contact customer service thanks