J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I am working on a NorticTrac C2000, the treadmill with start

Customer Question

I am working on a NorticTrac C2000 (NCTL 1084), the treadmill will start for a second and then stop, the user panel shows that it is still running and the timer continues to count, speed sensor has continuity when passing the magnet on roller, board LED is steady (no blinking at any time).

Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is a very common problem, but its easy to replace the part needed. You need a new motor control board, or lower board. Thats the board the motors plug into. Simply remove all the wires and unscrew the board and install a new one. You can order one from the company, or www.fitnessrepairparts.com or www.treadmilldoctor.com or sometimes you can find one on ebay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was hoping to troubleshoot the board today as I would like to avoid replacing the board.

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
There is no way to repair the board. There are no schematics available.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
They are the most common part that goes bad on all treadmills, especially the lower end box store units.