Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a hyper extension treadmill. It seems to be stuck in

Customer Question

I have a hyper extension treadmill. It seems to be stuck in a programe P1 and the mat won't move
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
At first, I would have suspected P1 was an error code. However, it seems you're right and it indicates the first stored programme.
If it won't move, and won't react to controls either, this indicates something wrong, even without an error code.
It is possible that the mat or belt is adjusted too tightly... though I doubt it's the problem in this case. Still, if you haven't done belt adjustment lately, do it now, I advise.
Belts on treadmills generally speaking should be adjusted to be just tight enough that they don't slip, but not tighter. Belts that are adjusted too tight can lead to parts wearing out (including and esp. the belt itself), overheating, and shutdown of the treadmill's main function: making that belt move.
After seeing to that, I would advise that you turn the treadmill Off, and leave it that way to cool, for 2+ hours. After which, turn it On again, and see if it reacts to controls, at least briefly.
- If you can get it to run again for a little while, however briefly, after giving it a rest, then you may have an overheating problem... or also, it could be a control circuitry problem, which sets in once the circuitry heats up a little.
- If you still cannot get it to do anything, it is definitely 'broken', possibly in any number of components. A treadmill with neither error indication, nor capability to do anything whatever, would require professional troubleshooting to determine what the problem is and how to fix it, so you might need to decide whether you wish to pay a repair-service co. that fixes these kinds of treadmills, or just replace the treadmill altogether - that decision is up to you.
If you decide on having it repair-serviced, please let me know your zip code, so that I may refer you to contact information for local Hyper Extension qualified service repair co.s that could help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Russell, I don't think this was a great reply as the machine had to be out of the programme
before we could test it. It wasn't going was my problem and tightening the mat would not take
it out of the programme it was stuck in so its not going at all. Still the same problem
I suggest that you try unplugging the treadmill for 3+ hours, or overnight, and only after that time, plug it in again, and try it again.After which, don't try P1, try P2 or another program, if possible. Hopefully it will work. Then if it does work, try P1 again.