Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a tunturi J620 active electronic treadmill that was

Customer Question

I have a tunturi J620 active electronic treadmill that was given to me from a friend . The incline button is stuck at the highest elevation and gives a message of E4. it also spontaneously speeds up sometimes quite fast. As fast as 6 mph. There as also nothing to clip on your self to it shut it off as a safety back up. Can these issues be fixed?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the described symptoms/faults/error code would point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, a dislodged/out-of-position incline mechanism / its sensor and/or other electronics/circuits. The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual/mechanical inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron? Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working with mechanisms and a live circuit?Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
If considering a DIY, please see link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92079112/Tunturi%20J620%20Error%20Codes.jpg
Check the private message should an electronic copy of the Service Manual be of interest.