Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My horizon t101 belt doesn't work, it pops up with an e1 error

Customer Question

My horizon t101 belt doesn't work, it pops up with an e1 error code
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That error is typical of either a defective speed sensor, or a misaligned speed sensor, or a defective motor controller board.
Test / adjust / check the sensor first - it is much smaller to replace, and much easier to fix! esp. if merely loose or misaligned.
Look for the sensor near the front roller. Or, it may be mounted upon the motor that drives the belt. It should be very close to either a magnet (which moves past it, making it sense the machine running and its speed) or close to a rotating toothed wheel (which it senses optically most likely).
If you turn the belt, there should be a light blinking in time on the motor controller board, if this sensor is working properly.
If the sensor is adjusted properly, the light is still not blinking on the board, then replace the sensor first, and the board second. (Barring, of course, loose or broken wires, unplugged connector(s), etc.)
In actual operation, of course, if the belt is too tight it can be bad for the whole machine (nearly) in various ways - so you did well to adjust the belt as a first step.