Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My 110 Gold's Gym cycle trainer has developed a squeak? that

Customer Question

My 110 Gold's Gym cycle trainer has developed a squeak? that sounds like it needs oiled?. Year and 3mths old. Fairly regular use.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to help with your cycle trainer question.
Try removing the plastic chassis cover and locate the source of the squeaking. You can then apply some lubricant to the squeaking area to stop the squeaking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Pete. I was thinking of that but didn't want to mess up a good aerobic machine. Yikes, the screws on the chassis all individual. Always did like mechanical things! For what it may be worth, WD40 might work? Tammey
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to try the chassis removal & WD40 first !!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tammey,
Yes you can try WD40!
Let me know how it goes.
Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried the initial WD-40 on the area where the crankshafts? attach & rotate. No luck but I was also trying to be more accurate about the squeak location and it seems quite possible its where the seat post attaches to the body. Also been real busy with work, boyfriend, cleaning & wghts so I haven't gotten a good aerobic cycle for about a week. So sorry about the wait and I do appreciate your suggestion.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
No problem, just let me know how it goes or if you need anything else!
A positive rating for my service would also be greatly appreciated - you can still reply back as often as is needed after rating my service.
Thanks!
Pete.