Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

Pro-Form Smart Strider Elliptical Model No. PFEL04911.0. The

Customer Question

Pro-Form Smart Strider Elliptical Model No. PFEL04911.0. The resistance level is extremely high and I'm unable to change it at the console. I set the resistance level to "1" but the pedals barely move. Please help. Many thanks.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is Carl and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We will go back and forth exchanging information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.
2. I will only give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
3. I am a real hands on Master Technician and fix these issues everyday in my shop in FL.
4. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished.

* Favorable outcomes are always desired, but can sometimes be out of our control.

I see that your Question is several hours old and am inquiring to see if you still needed help with this or would like to cancel.

Thanks,
Carl Lindsey

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Carl. What additional information do you need in order to help me solve this dilemma? I am still in need of your expertise obviously.
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

We'll need to take a look on the inside and see what exactly is adding excess friction. Most commonly it's the resistance part itself that sticks and needs to be released.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help and please remember to leave a positive rating.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Thanks,

Carl Lindsey

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Carl, I feel like I'm getting nowhere with this. Please tell me how to "release the resistance part". Going back and forth like this is not satisfactory.

I'm beginning to think this is a scam.
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

I assure you that we're not a scam. We offer 100% satisfaction or your money back making it impossible to be a scam.

There's about 4 things that can cause this problem and we have to narrow them down. I need to you do a visual inspection of the internals and see if there is interference of the moving parts. As I mentioned earlier, the most common problem is the tensioner sticking. You can tell if it is if it's currently engaged and pressing again the belt or wheel.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Carl,

Let's cut to the chase, you could have told me right off the bat what to do. I'm sorry I'm not happy with this back and forth bullshit. This is a scam.

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
It's not a scam and sorry you feel this way. I'm closing this thread and refunding your money. Have a great day.