treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon

HealthRider Total Body Aerobic Fitness The electronic meter/timer

Customer Question

HealthRider Total Body Aerobic Fitness
The electronic meter/timer (monitor) has a jack (plug) on the right side but I have no cable for it. I have the User Manual but instructions for the monitor are separate and I do not have them. I put new batteries in the monitor and the disply works but I cannot get it to enter an elapsed time or # XXXXX reps mode. Any suggestions welcome. (I recently bought this device used, privately and like it a lot.)
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmilltech replied 4 years ago.
It needs the cable to run to the stride sensor. You should be able to get one from the manufacturer. Here is the link.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your answer which makes sense but does not solve my problem. I bought the unit (HealthRide Total Body Aerobic Fitness) used. With it I was given a monitor that has its own instruction sheet. It is called M8930 Monitor. In small print it says PPG/ARL Instruction P/N: 070-0402-197 Rev. A. I put new batteries (AA) in the monitor and the LCD works. However, I have no cable for the monitor. To complicate things, I cannot find the model # or serial # for the unit (exerciser) itself. I have looked ALL over it. I have the HealthRider owners manual but it contains no reference to the model #. When I went to the website, it does not recognize M8930. (I think it is asking for the HR model number, not the monitor.) I like the device but want the monitor to function for obvious reasons. Perhaps something I have mentioned in here will help you direct me. ALSO -- FYI -- I have this same HR at another location (Florida). The monitor on that one is slightly different from the one I am writing to you about. However, it works. So I purchased one just like it on eBay thinking it would work on this HR. It is the type that takes two A76 batteries and it has no cable jack on it. I put in new batteries and that LCD seems to work also. However, when I attach it to the HR it does not work. So I have two monitors and will be happy just to get one of them to work on this HR (New Jersey). Thanks -- Jim Murphy - Princeton, NJ
I would go to the link i gave you and call them at their office. I believe they will be able to get you what you need. Give thjem the name of the unit, i think that should be enough.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You have been responsive but I don't feel that my problem is solved. I want
to revisit your second reply and see if I can do something with it.

I appreciate the facts that my equipment is old and it's very difficult to
get things done without full model # and serial # -- and the fact that the
monitor is made by a different company and HR probably changed monitor
suppliers every six months. Still, the fact remains that I own two monitors
and cannot get either to work. I just want a monitor on the machine so I can
see time and reps count. (Well, for time I can look at a clock but # of reps
and reps per minute are helpful.) Give me another day or two, please. Thanks
-- JIM

P.S. By any chance are you within an hour's drive of Princeton, N.J., or
Stuart, Fla.?

sorry, I am not near either. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I need a day or two. Will let you know. JIM