Hi, I have an Epic T-60 treadmill, the treadmill belt works fine but the incline stopped working after we moved the unit a couple years ago.
Various diagnostic mode buttons I've seen online.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Sometimes incline motors will get frozen in position and need broke free. Try this:take the motor cover off and take the screw out of the bottom of the incline motor that is attached to the screw assembly. Once you remove the screw you should be able to break the incline motor free. run the incline up and down with the screw still off( laying the treadmill on its side may make this easier). Once it goes up and down (hold the screw so it goes in and out) reattach it then run the calibration described below. If it was just stuck it should work fine. 1. remove safety key 2. press and hold the speed+ and stop keys at the same time 3. Put the safety key in/on and release the keys 4. press stop once 5. hit the incline + arrow and let the incline go the whole way up and down 6. remove safety key and tryIf these instructions do not work to fix the incline motorcheck your main harness running down the right leg for breaks in the wires or a loose connection if nothings found you can switch the red and black wires on the incline motor terminal block and see if it goes down. If it does you know you are only getting voltage to one side of the motor. There is a schematic under the motor hood that tells you what the voltage should be when you press the up or down keys. Use a multi-meter to see if you are getting the correct voltage coming from the console to the motor control board and then from the board to the motor. If no voltage from console-replace console if you have voltage from console but not from board - replace board and finally if you have voltage from console and from board replace motor. You will need to test the voltage both when pressing the up key and the down key.
Ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try that when I get home from work tonight.
OK, I tried that. I was able to find the horizontal bolt that holds the tube in place, and I see the large screw it's supposed to go up and down on. I removed the horizontal bolt, and after some fiddling I was able to get the entire assembly to lower to its lowest setting. However, then it got stuck and I couldn't raise it using the up/down buttons anymore, so I tried the 6-step calibration technique to try to get it to move. It did move, however it extended all the way out so that the motor and lift assembly is now wedged in the highest position. By that, I mean that the fixed triangular clamp section is now wedged between the black vertical tube and the motor itself. When I try to use the up or down buttons in calibration mode, the motor hums for a second and then quits. The motor also got hot so I gave it a rest.
It definitely sounds like the lift position sensor is bad. I would replace the lift motor in order to repair the unit.
Ok, but is there a way to get it to un-screw (even manually) to put the lift motor back in it's original position for now?
This is a new system for rating our answers, i still don't understand it other than i don't get paid if you give a low rating and they take the highest rating. To lower the incline you will need to remove the tube bolt and turn the tube to its lowest setting. It may be necessary to lay the unit on its side to take the pressure off.
Yeah, unfortunately that made matters worse. I laid the treadmill on its side, and when I removed the tube bolt the hydraulic tube expanded, I guess this works as a counter-force to the big screw? Anyway, the tube expanded and somehow the top of it forced its way through the thick plastic casing that lies underneath the whole front section. So I now have a 3" hole in that plastic with the hydraulic piston sticking up through, and the treadmill is locked in the upmost position. I don't see any way to force everything back together. I had avoided laying the treadmill on its side initially but decided to try it after you reiterated that this would make things easier. I'm going to call it now, unfortunately, and say I need to have someone come out and fix it as it's totally unusable now. Thanks anyway.
The hydraulic piston should be mounted to the frame and shouldn't have broken free. I would also suggest getting someone to look at it for you. Sorry you've had so much trouble. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Thanks for your help anyway.