J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.

I have a PRECOR 910 ei treadmill that is about 20 yrs. old.

I have a PRECOR 910 ei treadmill that is about 20 yrs. old. Recently I had the belt replaced. Since then it will some time shut off when I press the speed button. The last time I used it, it shut down all the electrity in the room. Is it worth repairing? Rayford Price
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 4 years ago.

huvster : Most likely they did not replace the deck when tthey did the belt which you are supposed to do
huvster : being that its that old I would not put any money into it. A treadmills lifespan is 8-10 years so you definitely got your money worth

What is the deck and what is envolved in replacing it?

huvster : The deck is the board under the walk belt, but you will need another new belt as well.
huvster : Most likely your motor is burnt out as well if your blowing the breaker
huvster : Possibly your motor controller as well, hence why its really not worth fixing