J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.

My NordicTrack Elliptical (E5vi) seems to be squeaking quite

My NordicTrack Elliptical (E5vi) seems to be squeaking quite a bit somewhere in the handles. Can I lubricate the handle hinges with WD-40? I'm speaking of the hinge that attaches the handle to the foot pedal and the covered hinges where the arms attach to the upright frame. Thank you!
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 4 years ago.
The best thing to do is take apart the joints and grease them with axle grease. Wd 40 is too thin and wont help very much
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, that's what I was afraid of. I have the manual with instructions on how to put it together. Do you have any tips on how to pry those plastic hinge covers off where it attaches to the frame?

Expert:  J.T. replied 4 years ago.
Make sure there are no screws in them. If not try to pinch them at the seam to pry them apart, or a small screwdriver