J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.

How do I replace the belt on a nordictrack cx 1055 elliptical.

How do I replace the belt on a nordictrack cx 1055 elliptical. It looks like you have to remove the petal arm from the flywheel to get the belt around the flywheel. It's attached with a hex screw, but it won't budge. Is there some trick to getting the belt on?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 4 years ago.

huvster : You need a tool called a crank puller
huvster : you can get one from any bicycle shop
huvster : it threads in where that hex bolt was,the shop can show you how to use it
huvster : Its around twenty dollars

I bought the crank puller, but before I can use it, I have to get off the hex bolt that I stripped out when I tried unscrewing it by using an allen wrench and hammer.

huvster : Its going to be tough then, you can try vice grips, or an easy out. Or you may have to drill out the bolt