treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

Hi, The belt on our treadmill will not turn. The treadmill

Customer Question

The belt on our treadmill will not turn. The treadmill is a Proform Space saver Model # XXXXX The machine turns on, and when we insert the key everything on the display lights up. The incline moves up and down as it should, but the belt does not turn when we press start. We took the cover off of the motor part to reveal little motherboard-looking things and a silver canister with wires running to it. All of the lights on the motherboard things light up steadily except for two. The PWM light flashes when we insert the key, and the SCR TRIG light does not come on at all. Can you help me figure out what is going on? Thank you!
Lori
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmilltech replied 4 years ago.
# XXXXX a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)
# XXXXX sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not
# XXXXX the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -
# XXXXX the motor turns slowly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced
# XXXXX the motor is ok then your motor controller(the board with the metal) is malfunctioning and would need replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Treadmill tech,
Thank you for your advice. I will definitely accept your answer, I just can't figure out how to get back to this page if I do so, so I thought I would finish the conversation first. We followed your instructions and the motor is working, so it looks like it is the motor controller board that needs replaced. Can you tell us what motor controller board we need and how to order it?
Lori
You can go to this link and input your model number to order the "controller" or you can just call them
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay thanks.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
I appreciate your expertise.
Lori
Thanks!