Charles, Engineer
Experience:  Trouble shoot and repair

My treadmill is speeding up and slowing down on its own. I

My treadmill is speeding up and slowing down on its own. I changed the speed cable but that didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

pbmfixs :

Hello, and thanks for your question! My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to assist you today!!

Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like the speed sensor is bad or the mail control board is bad.

How old is the machine and how often do you use it??

Thanks again,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I bought it second hand so I am not sure how old it is or how much she used it. I have had it for over a year and used it about every other day. Are these parts that I can replace. Did you mean mail control board or main control board? Are they generally very expensive to replace?
Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

Hello again,

LOL, sorry about that, Main board. The speed controller is not concidered a user replacable part by most manufacturers.

The thing I would try before before you replace anything else would be the tread deck and see if it is worn and not letting the tread/belt slide easy. If this happens then the motor thinks the belt is moving slower because of the drag on it and then speeds up to compensate for it. this will eventually wear out the machine and controller because the motor is working WAY more that it should be. I would limit your use or stop all use till its repaired so you dont damage it to the point of making a small repair bigger.

I would have it serviced (tuneup) as they say and let the tech check it out closer so you dont have to keep replacing more parts.

But I am sure that is the issue. The service cost should be very minimal and they will also double check the whole machine for you.

I hope this helps answer your question, if so please click the green accept button, if not im still here to assist you.

thanks again,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your answer Charles. The deck has been oiled and that didn't fix the problem. My only problem is that I live in an area where I don't have a technician to come and look at my treadmill. Is it my understanding that I can't get a new sensor for my treadmill?

Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

Yes, you can still get parts for them.

Here is website where you can get the parts for your treadmill.

I just looked and they carry allot of the parts you will need.

Thanks again,

I hope this helps you out!!