treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I have a Schwinn 835P treadmill at home. It has performed well

I have a Schwinn 835P treadmill at home. It has performed well for 7+ years. Yesterday the speed control button began malfunctioning. The speed number it indicates is much slower than actual. When attempting to increase the speed, it "jumps" two numerical increments but only increases the actual speed by one increment. The result is that I must set the speed at 4.8-5.0 to achieve my desired speed of 3.2-3.4. The "incline" and "program" buttons work normally. What should I attempt to repair or replace? Neil [email protected]
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmilltech replied 5 years ago.
it actually sounds like the console has switched to kilometers per hour instead of miles per hour. Call this number below and they should be able to walk you through changing it back. I can't find a manual for your unit.

(800)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/em>