treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I have a True 450 Treadmill with the error code E1 Stall.

Customer Question

I have a True 450 Treadmill with the error code E1 : Stall. i looked up the error in the manual and it indicates that the incline is not responding. This happened when I moved my treadmill from one room to the other. I have a tight corner to move it through so I disconnected the top control panel from the base belt\motor, the connections are two phone\ethernet connections. The treadmill will start and increase speed for about 8 seconds then stops with this error. any tips?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmilltech replied 5 years ago.
You will need to check the speed sensor for proper alignment, cleanliness and function. it should be located near the front roller or mounted on the motor. It should be within a credit cards width of the magnet or toothed wheel. If properly adjusted check with an a multi-meter to see if it is opening and closing by manually spinning the front roller or motor flywheel. If it isn't replace the sensor.