treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

Nordictrack AudioStrider 800, display lights up but does not

Nordictrack AudioStrider 800, display lights up but does not display. "One Touch" Resistance does not adjust. Please help resolve.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmilltech replied 3 years ago.
If it lights up and will display the timer when you start striding then the tension motor is most likely to blame. Here is how to check the tension motor:
Remove the plastic shields and locate the tension motor. You can test the motor, by using a 9 volt battery - attach a wire to positive and negative side then touch the yellow and blue wires of the motor- let it run til it stops and then switch the wires around and let it run the other way. If it works both ways the motor is good. Then test the harness for continuity from the console to the motor. You will need to use a volt meter to check the continuity. If the wires check ok you will need to check the voltage being supplied by the console through the blue and yellow wires when the tension buttons are pressed - it should be approx 6 vdc. If there is no voltage the console is defective and will need replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It lights up but nothing is ever displayed. When an iFit carteridge is installed the audio works with no display. The resistance is also not adjustable as the resistance bottons seem to do nothing.
then you will need to replace the console because the upper control board is bad and the factory does not sell just the board. They will only sell the whole console. You can get one through iconservice.com or look on ebay for one used or new it may be cheaper.
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon