treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon

Our ProForm Model 760 Treadmill stops suddenly after about

Our ProForm Model 760 Treadmill stops suddenly after about 40 minutes. I can reset the breaker but the underlying problem needs to be fixed. What is it?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmilltech replied 5 years ago.
The motor controller weakens over time because of the excessive amperage draw of the motor do to lack of lubrication (which wears the walk belt and walking deck). The increased amperage draw is why the breaker is tripping.

Take an amperage reading of the motor it should be 2-3 amps with no one on it, with someone walking on it it should be around 6-12 amps. I would bet yours is elevated above 6-12 amps.

The first thing to try after testing the amperage is to lubricate the walking platform. Then retest and see if the amperage comes down and it doesn't trip the breaker.

If it does then the next step would be to replace the motor controller. If the amperage still is up you may need to replace the walking deck and finally if after replacing the deck and controller, if the unit is still drawing too many amps replace the walk belt.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do you lubricate the walking platform and with what do you lubricate it with?
Sorry for the delay, My internet went down. Here is a link to instructions on how to lubricate the deck.

You can also purchase the performance lubricant from or look on ebay for treadmill lube, you can use the tubes that say ICON on them.