treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon

my nordictrack 1800c treadmill only runs about 1 or 2 seconds

my nordictrack 1800c treadmill only runs about 1 or 2 seconds and shuts off
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmilltech replied 6 years ago.
motor controller is bad and needs replaced. The cause of it going bad is most likely being on an extension cord or lack of lubrication(which has ruined the deck or deck and belt) You will need to run the following tests once you get the controller.

Take an amperage reading of the motor it should be 2-3 amps with no one on it, with someone walking on it it should be around 6-12 amps. I would bet yours is elevated above 6-12 amps.The controller is dropping output because of the friction problem.

The first thing to try after testing the amperage is to lubricate the walking platform. Then retest and see if the amperage comes down and it doesn't shut off.

If it does then the next step would be to replace the walking deck. If the amperage still is up you may need to replace the walk belt