treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon

Is a ten year old True 450 HRC treadmill with minimal use worth

<p>Is a ten year old True 450 HRC treadmill with minimal use worth it for $300-$400, especially given the reported 10 year battery life concern on the control board (<a href="" target="_blank"></a>"  and the frequent error code problems noted in recent posts (<a href="" target="_blank"></a>" In short, can the battery be replaced and software reloaded or must one buy a whole new circuit board ~ $500?  My application witll be for a treadmill desk with 1-1/5 mph use 6-8 hrs a day.</p>
That is quite a bit for a 10 year old machine. yes you would have to replace the whole console. The electronics are very sensitive- so even with minimal use they can still go bad due to the way it is stored and environment. I would be very leery of spending that for a 10 year old machine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for this. Three follow up questions- 1) What would be a fair price to offer for the 10 year old True 450 HRC treadmill? 2) Are there other components that I should be concerned about other than the circuit board, if it really has received 6-8 months of use in 10 years? 3) If not this model, what kind of specs should I be looking for in a cheap treadmill for a treadmill desk (running 1 mph for for 35-38 hours a week)? Thanks!
I would offer $200-$250 at most. Console can be an issue if there was any perspiration on it or a moist storage area. Walk belts dry out if not lubricated, drive belts will dry rot if not changed, etc. The most important feature for you would be the strength of the motor to be used that much. I would go for a 2.25 h.p. motor or more