treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon

I have an New Balanace 9.0e Elliptical, computer board does

I have an New Balanace 9.0e Elliptical, computer board does not work on batteries, and while on ac adapter recieve a E1 error when setting resistance?
All signs are leading to the monitor being bad, but try checking the wire harness in the down tube and the wire harness leading up to the resistance mechanism. The e1 error is an error in either the console, wiring or resistance mechanism( you can also try to plug the resistance mechanism in to an external power supply separately to rule out the possibility of it being bad. Hopefully you get some results with these tests. Just to let you know, If you have owned the elliptical less than 2 years the console would be under warranty.