Craig, Technician
Experience:  35 years troubleshooting all types of electrical equipment and appliances.

I have a Power Trane treadmill PT422. I seemed to be working

Customer Question

I have a Power Trane treadmill PT422. I seemed to be working fine, then it just stopped. The console is beeping and flashing all 8's. I have a reset/circuit beaker button that I suspect may be the problem but can not figure out how to remove it to replace.
Would that be the problem, If so , what can I do next.
THYanks in advance, Tim Criner
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
The circuit breaker is not the problem. It kills the incoming 120 volts only. The console is reading 8's due to a system fault of some kind. Open up the front cover and look at the electronics and see if the LED lights are lit and what they say.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I took the bottom cover off and now I took the back of the top console off looking for LED lights. I saw no LED indicators in the electronics except those on the normal front display. What LED lights are you refering to, and where would I find it? Every number on the front display is blinking 8. What next?
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
On the motor control board down near the motor. It should have some LED lights on...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good Morning,
I did find a circuit card that had 2 light blinking on it. I removed the incline elevation motor that was blocking access. The tiny lights were both green. I am not sure which are the important codes but next to one light was "D12" and also "R59". The other light had "FDC+" and "D8". Does that help?
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
Is there a 'tech sheet' there with the machine in the control area with a diagram and electrical info? Yes, that helps, nice find. The FDC+ is good, that is a power supply that is working. See if you can find a tech sheet, they usually have one somewhere.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did not find a tech sheet, or any kind of diagram on the machine. I do have an owners manual (revision date 11/2003). The owners manual has an exploded drawing (not much detail) and a Part List for PT-422.
If it helps, the circuit card on the treadmill base is attached to a metal plate with a lable with NB079.
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
At this point I would have to say that you have a bad console board. The control board is powered up and so is the console, but it's not working at all.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I still need the tread mill to work. If the Consol board is the problem, who would carry parts that would solve my problem? As I pursue this, "Power Trane" does not seem to be listed under any current makes. Did someone buy them out? Is there a model/type that would be compatible?
Thanks, Tim
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
Check here, they can get it for you...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The treadmill doctor said they do not carry that model, any other possible sources?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry to keep you hanging, I have emailed the fitnessrepairparts cite you sent hoping to locate the console board. They still have not replied. Is that my only other option?
Thanks for your patience, Tim
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
Have you tired contacting Power Trane?

7 Oldfield Road
Irvine, CA 92618
Tel: 800-475-7899

Edited by Craig on 2/2/2010 at 9:12 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am confident that PowerTrane has gone out of business, which is why it seems to be so hard to locate this replacement part.
Yes, I tried to call the phone number you gave me (which is same as on the owners manual). You may want to take note that this number is XXXXX some sort of phone sex line ...seriously!
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
Yes! I will take note...just kidding.
Try to find it through treadmill Doctor, they are good. Treadmill Doctor