ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

I have a 20 gauge SA shot gun and it seems that the piston

Customer Question

I have a 20 gauge SA shot gun and it seems that the piston is lodged in the gas port holder. Is this a common problem? How can I get this fixed?
JA: How can the gunsmith help you with your firearm?
Customer: I have a 20 gauge SA shot gun and it seems that the piston is lodged in the gas port holder. Is this a common problem? How can I get this fixed?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the gunsmith should know?
Customer: It seems to be affecting the amount of pressure going through the magazine. The follower keeps jamming. I replaced the follower with a plastic one and it pushed it right through the magazine port.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thanks for using Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question and will reply back momentarily.

What make and model of shotgun do you have?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is a sarsilmaz SA-x 700

Thank you for your reply. In looking at the schematic here (http://i2.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/007342/7342520.jpg), I'm not seeing a problem area where the issue that you describe could occur, if the gun was functioning normally. I think the gun should have a proper inspection by a gunsmith in order to determine where the problem lies. Can you tell me where you are located, please so that I can find a gunsmith for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
San Antonio texas

Great!
I think that in your area, I like Dury's Gun Shop the best for gunsmithing services to take a look at your shotgun. It sounds like something that needs to be examined in person, and I think Dury's has the necessary experience to diagnose your situation. Here is their website page - https://www.durysguns.com/services/gunsmithing

Dury's Gun Shop

819 Hot Wells Boulevard
San Antonio, TX 78223(###) ###-####/p>

As a extra choice, I'll also suggest Gun Wurkz in the San Antonio area. I think that they may be able to assist you as well - http://www.gunwurkz.com/contactus.htm

I hope that this has been helpful! If you have no other questions for me about this, please remember to complete a positive rating at the top of your screen now with the green stars. That will close out the question and allow the Just Answer website to credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks!
Jim

Need anything else?

Hi again....I see that you haven't completed a positive rating yet for this question. If you don't need anything further, please remember to come back to the Just Answer page here and complete a positive rating at the topof the screen with the green stars. That is needed to close out the question, and for the website to credit me for helping you.

Thanks!
Jim