Jon
Jon, Consultant
Experience:  Professional Gunsmith, Certified Police Firearms Instructor, Concealed Carry Instructor, Journeyman Machinist and Firearms Enthusiast.
66248244

Do you know the value of a 1793 W Richards double barrel

Customer Question

do you know the value of a 1793 W Richards double barrel shot gun with the markings showing it was made in Berlin?
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: Its a 1793 double barrel W.Richards with markings showing it was made in Berlin
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?
Customer: It has double hammers
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

My name is Jon. I will be helping you with your question today. Can you tell me the Gauge of your shotgun? Does your shotgun have Damascus barrels? I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Jon

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
12 guage
What kind of barrels is that
Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

If your barrel is made from Damascus steel it will have a bit of a swirled pattern in the steel. You may have to look closely. This picture is an example

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sent you two pictures
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it has the swirls
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It says fine laminated steel
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you looking for information for me?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Jon
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm waiting on a response
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hopefully this conversation isn't over, I haven't received the information I need.
Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.
Give me just a little bit to research your shotgun
Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Your Westley Richards shogun was made between 1875 and 1898.The 1793 number is ***** a serial number on the gun. These were good quality shotguns. Yours appears to be in pretty nice condition. The value of your shotgun is in the $400 and $500 retail. I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Please remember to rate this answer using the stars.

Thank you and have a great day,

Jon

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Please remember to rate this answer using the stars.

Thank you,

Jon