Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms instructor, 40 years experience with firearms.
47070024

We have found a western arms co. 12 ga it has Trade

Customer Question

Hi,we have found a western arms co. 12 ga it has Trade mark registered and behind trigger on plate the number 907 can't find snuck ore numbers
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: Trying to find date on it or serial number
JA: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gunsmith about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Western Arms was a subsidiary of Ithaca Gun Manufacturing. Your gun was the "Western Long Range" shotgun. Those guns were sold through Western Auto and Sears. Like many shotguns during that time (pre-1968), they weren't serialized. That should be a 12 gauge side-by-side shotgun with a 26-32 inch barrel, with extractors to pull shells out of the barrel, but not eject them, and could have a single or a double trigger. They were made from 1929-1946.

Values run from $100 to $275 for a gun with a double-trigger, with $25 to $50 more for a single trigger model.

I hope this helps.

Philip

If you are satisifed with my answer, please rate the answer with the button provided. That will close out the question and will allow me to be paid - thanks!

Philip