TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer

I'm doing a paper class. What is the most effective angle to

Customer Question

I'm doing a paper for a class. What is the most effective angle to use to shoot a .38 caliber pistol if the target is your own head? We all have different answers. One said the forehead, one said the temple, I say the mouth at a downward angle. Which, if any, of us is correct?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 4 months ago.

Good evening.....that is some kind of odd paper you are writing! When you say "most effective angle", what are you trying to achieve? What do you mean by effective?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We agree that the paper is unconventional. We chose our subject for its shock value to our logic professor. We mean which angle if any would cause instant death or as one of us thinks, a .38 is not a large enough caliber.