Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms instructor, 40 years experience with firearms.

I have .30 caliber ball ammunition Model 1906 from Frankfurt

Customer Question

I have .30 caliber ball ammunition Model 1906 from Frankfurt Arsenal with inspection papers in each clip box showing the ammo was inspected Dec. 29, 1918. The ammo and bandeliers are in excellent condition. Total rounds of ammo is 125. I am looking for a value if you can help you have my sincere thanks. M.L. Christians Ankeny, Ia. retired police officer.....
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: Your value list for my springfield is helpful
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gunsmith about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you. What is the headstamp that is on those cartridges?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm at VA now Frankfurt armory is the inspection papers
That ammo is probably too old to shoot, and thus would be sold as a collectable, although WWI ammo is not that rare. Value should be around $0.75 to $1 a round. I hope this helps.Philip
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Glad to help! When you get a chance, please rate my answer to close out the question and also allow me to be paid - thanks! Philip