TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer

I forgot my combination to my sentry safe and I need to open

Customer Question

I forgot my combination to my sentry safe and I need to open it now. What do I do?
JA: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: Okay. It is a Sentry model SO500. I've had it for a few years but haven't used it for about 2 years. I replaced the batteries first. Then, when I typed in what I thought was the code, it didn't take. I've tried variations of what I though was close, but no cigar. Now it won't let me enter anything.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Gunsmith before I connect you two?
Customer: I bought it from a friend, so don't have the original receipt or manual.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gunsmith about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 6 months ago.
Hi,There is no "quick fix" to get a combination. The factory code is always stored in the keypad, but must be obtained from Sentry by filling out a form, having it notarized saying you are the owner and paying a fee to them. The following link will take you to the page you need to start with. You must enter the model number and serial number to get the notary form. After the form is notarized you can fax it to Sentry. After 3 wrong combinations are entered it will "lock you out" for a few minutes. If there are more than 5 seconds between entered numbers it will count as a wrong combination. Tom
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Understood. Thanks v much.
Expert:  TOM replied 6 months ago.
You're welcome! Tom