Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms instructor, 40 years experience with firearms.
47070024

Pricing some family firearms, hang on on second, I have a

Customer Question

pricing some family firearms
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: hang on on second
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?
Customer: I have a U.S. Springfield marked 1863 on the side plate and then 1869 on the top SN 10328, 32.5" barrel
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gunsmith about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Back in a few minutes.

March 20, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Springfield

Model/configuration – Model 1868 U.S. Springfield "Trapdoor" Rifle, .50 Centerfire cal., with 32-1/2 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Serial Number – 10328 mfg. circa 1869. Two barrel bands, long-range rear sight, front sight can be used as a bayonet lug.

Additional Information – 51,389 made

Blue Book does not list that gun, but Flaydermann's Guide to Antique American Firearms does:

Good: $750

Fine: $1,500

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please use the button provided to rate it. That will close out the question and allow me to be paid - thanks!