TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

Bill, trying to locate a firing pin Riverside Arms, single

Customer Question

Bill, trying to locate a firing pin for a Riverside Arms, single barreled 12 ga.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The firing pin is missing, have no idea where to get one or a blueprint that I could make one from.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Firearms Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 8 months ago.

Riverside Arms shotguns were made by Stevens. It should be close in design to the Stevens Model 94. There are no listings for parts for the Riverside single barrel, but the model 94 pin should be close. Numrich has them in stock.

What I usually do is make my own firing pins. .250 steel rod works. Turn an end down to fit the hole in the breech face, insert the rod into the receiver and mark overall length and where the retaining pin or screw goes and file out the groove for it. You will need to heat treat the metal when done. Heat it to bright orange, quench in oil and polish. Then heat to a blue-purple color and quench again.

Tom