TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

Considering buying a Remington 30.06 Woodmaster 742, Ser #:

Customer Question

Considering buying a Remington 30.06 Woodmaster 742, Ser #:(###) ###-#### ***** has a Leopold Scope 3x9 Vari-x Iic.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: How old might the firearm be and what I've seen on several gun broker sites, the value could be $400-$450. One I saw was $525. The rife belongs to a friend of mine and is in excellent condition. Your thoughts. Thank you.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Firearms Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

Looks like Bill has stepped away - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

To determine the age, I need to you look on the left side of the barrel near the frame. There should be a two or three letter alphabetic code, like this: "RYY" or "KP".

Do you have access to the gun to get that code?

Philip