TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have a 1944 beretta 7.65. Serial number is 534316 my

Customer Question

I have a 1944 beretta 7.65. Serial number is ***** my grandfather claimed that it was given to him by another ww2 veteran that took it off of a German officer that he killed. The story is intriguing but I wanted to know if it may be true. I can email pictures of the gun. I am not interested in selling it but am curious about the value. My grandfather had it chromed when he returned from the war and I know that usually decreases the value. I want to use the weapon as a concealed carry.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 10 months ago.

Please attach pictures using the paperclip icon on the toolbar. It will help me to identify the model.

The chrome plating reduces the value by 50% or more. Almost 95% of the guns that were brought back from WWII are claimed to have come from a German officer. It is very hard to believe unless there is documentation with the gun. If you believed all of the claims the entire German Army was made up of officers!

Tom