TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

Got a Browning 1911-22 with plastic sights. Would like to

Customer Question

Customer: Got a Browning 1911-22 with plastic sights. Would like to replace them.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Any idea where to obtain at least the rear sight?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yeah...as long as I can pay by credit card...I can give you the number at the end...
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 10 months ago.

There are not any listings for aftermarket sights for the 1911-22. There are sights that will fit, I just need the size of the dovetails on the slide to locate a set. Some of the pistols have a front dovetail and some have a staked sight. Which does your gun have?

I will check the dovetail size on my gun and get back to you as soon as I find a set that is the correct size.

Tom

Expert:  TOM replied 10 months ago.

The rear dovetail is 0.265". The front on mine is a type of staked in sight. Does your gun have the same or a dovetail?

I need to call Browning tomorrow to see what they have available, they do not have a parts listing for the 1911-22 on their site.

Tom