Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms instructor, 40 years experience with firearms.
47070024

Morley I own a Bros. sxs 12 ga. G2 mfg.1877.The

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Morley I own a Parker Bros. sxs 12 ga. G2 mfg.1877.The Serial#92431. I would like to get at the barrel lugs to find the frame size and weight and the Order number. I don't seem to be able to unhook the barrel set. Can you help me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Perhaps What would like to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 11 months ago.

That happens with Parkers from time to time if they sit too long unused. First try dry-firing the gun and see if that releases the barrels. If not, open the action and spray the hinge area with WD-40. It might need to sit for a while for the WD-40 to do its thing.

Let me know of those options work for you.

Philip

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try that. The old gun ha s been fired , cleaned a nd put away. It is in super shape. I thought I had the barrels off a long time ago. Thank you, ***** ***** perhaps I missed a special trick. Thanks for your help

Sometimes lubricants can glob up and cause the barrels to stick.