TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have a old old Sentry safe and I lost the combination.

Customer Question

I have a old old Sentry safe and I lost the combination. It's a small one maybe 2x3 feet. It's a turn dial. Can you help me get into it? Thanks Teresa
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is***** is a process where you may obtain the original combination for your safe. It involves completing some paperwork and paying a small fee. Would you like for me to detail the process to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need the serial number? If so where do I find it? I do need to get it open. How much?
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you will need the serial number and model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find this info?
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

There should be something on either the side or rear of the safe - like a metal plate or sticker with that info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me see if I can move it. It's full of ammo and very heavy. Hubby wasn't happy with me because I locked it. 😁
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

I can imagine...take your time. I'll be around.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it turned around and only 1 number found. No plate. The safe had been painted. It's so old. I talked to hubby and he is going to have it drilled open. I tried. Thanks so much for you help. Teresa
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Was the number that you found a serial number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was R3786 it was stamped in the metal.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok...I believe that R3786 is the model number. No other serial number info anywhere?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I had a flash light. I checked and rechecked it. I was lucky to see that number. You would think there was another number on it.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

There should be, but it may have been installed on the inside of the door. It could possibly also be something stamped into the metal itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again thanks for your help. We tried. The safe was always so hard to open. He used it for storage. Have a great day.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks...you too!