ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

I have a 25 year old combination lock free standing safe

Customer Question

I have a 25 year old combination lock free standing safe that has never been lubricated. It is working fine but because it is located in a damp area, I am afraid that the tumblers will some day stick and the door not open. It is located in a cabinet and
difficult to take out for service. The manual says to lubricate with graphite oil but local safe people recommend against it. What cleaner and lubricants do you recommend? Can the combination lock be replaced with a keyed lock while in place? Are such kits
available and could a former shop teacher do so? I have tried to get through to you twice this morning but because I didn't have a password, my request didn't go through. I don not want to be billed twice for something that I didn't get. Thank you
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I replied back to your other question as it did come through. What model of Sentry safe do you have? - Jim