TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

Have a s/w 357 the cylender is stuck

Customer Question

have a s/w 357 the cylender is stuck
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** you saying if you push the cylinder release, the cylinder won't open? Or are you saying if the cylinder is open, the cylinder won't spin? Or are you saying the cylinder won't turn while the revolver is closed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wont spin open or closed
I'm going to opt out so another expert can step in and help. Someone will get back to you here.
Expert:  TOM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You need to remove the cylinder from the gun and then disassemble it. First remove the screw on the right side that holds the yoke in the frame. It is near the bottom at the front on the side plate. Once the screw is removed, swing the cylinder out and pull the yoke out to the front.Spray a rust remover like PB Blaster into the the center of the cylinder where the extractor rod is. Lock the end of the extractor rod into a vice between 2 blocks of wood. They are usually a left hand thread, turn the cylinder clockwise to unscrew the rod from the assembly. The cylinder can be removed from the yoke once the extractor rod is out. Pull it off, clean and lubricate all of the parts and reassemble. There is a schematic at the following link.http://stevespages.com/ipb-sandw-general.htmlLet me know how you make out, Tom