TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I recently purchased an old mauser, the gunstore i purchased

Customer Question

I recently purchased an old mauser, the gunstore i purchased it from didnt have any information on it beside that it was a mauser and was chambered for 7.65x53 Argentine. curious i went through the older models from mauser and it appaers to be a belgium model 1889. all the seriel numbers match the gun as well. my question is what are the chances it is a remake/fake and how much is it worth. the number on the gun is A 0920.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, Can you tell me everything that it says on the gun?Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the serial number is ***** and its stamped on the bolt, barrel, stock and every thing else made of metal. on the side of the reciever it has made in berlin in german on it as well. Thats all that is stamped on it beside a few smaller stamps that i believe are called make marks or something but those are all shields, it matches everything though.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Well it certainly sounds authentic. I do not know of any reproductions made of this rifle, as originals are plentiful and not expensive.In order to determine value, I'd need to know more about the marks or shields on the gun, as there were numerous versions that affect value.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have any close up images of the marks and im not at home to take them, but they were hard to make out on the firearm. but i could take a closer look tonight if that would be possible.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
That's fine. Just reply back when you have more info.