Bill
Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.
9353784

How do you fix a Franchi 12ga. E48 semi automatic shotgun when

Customer Question

how do you fix a Franchi 12ga. E48 semi automatic shotgun when it does not eject spent shell after firing or cycle a new shell in from magazine
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, Does this problem happen with every shot? Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it sounds like your extractor is damaged. Would you like for me to help you find a gunsmith to fix it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to purchase new friction rings from Gun Parts in New York and they were sold out not knowing when anymore would come in. If you can help me find another friction ring and another extractor that I could purchase I believe I can fix it. However whenever i manually operate the bolt the extractor works and spent shell ejects .
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Then I would suggest you have the gun evaluated by a gunsmith before you buy unnecessary parts.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
You may be wasting money otherwise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for a phone call we requested day before yesterday please call would like to talk to you directly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are still waiting to receive a phone call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me so I can discuss the repair.(###) ###-####
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Hi...sorry for the delay. The experts here are not full time, so I'm just getting back in from another job. Did you still need assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I asked for a phone call but have not received one. Please call me @(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be able to call tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting on a phone call. Please call today after 4:00 P.M. I will not rate you until I talk to someone
Expert:  TOM replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Try a light coat of gun oil on the outside of the magazine tube. Make sure there are not any burrs or rough spots on the tube. It needs to be clean and smooth. Your gun is recoil operated, if the friction rings were loose you would feel more recoil and the bolt would slam to the rear. If the gun is not cycling fully the problem is not with the friction ring. Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did all this at the beginning and it did not do any different. Looked it up on Internet and I read there not to oil. If you cannot call and talk directly to me then just cancel my inquiry altogether.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It states in the website if we woulduke a phone cl all we have to go is request one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says on your website if we would like to talk to you on the phone all we need to do is request a phone call. I've been requesting a phone call since July 17 and no one has called. I will not rate anyone until I talk to someone that can help me. I have told you everything I have done and you just tell me the same thing that I have already tried. Please call if possible today after 5:00 PM eastern standard time.
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
I would be glad to give you a call. I think I may need to ask you a few questions. I will proceed with the phone call thing. If it all works and you get a number back to me to call, then I will call you after 5:00 PM EST. I live in N. Idaho, so I'm on Pacific Standard Time, 3 hrs behind you. It may be around 8:00 or 9:00 before I can call if that's ok.
Thanks,
Bill