ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

I have a post civil war gun and I would like to find a local

Customer Question

I have a post civil war gun and I would like to find a local appraiser (in HI). Also, what are the rules for shipping antique guns if I were to sell on E-Bay?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,Do you have any reservations about shipping out the gun for an appraisal? Jum
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First, as I said, I am not sure what the shipping rules are. Second, I would rather go to one or more Hawaii appraisers before I incur the cost of transportation.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Hawaii is a tough state for things like this, but let me see who I can find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I have a friend in Ohio who has an extensive gun collection. He thinks the gun would probably sell for more than $450.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
What model of gun is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
J.M. Martin N932 Standard 1875.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
I don't think that I've heard of that one before.Still working on finding someone local for you.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
I have not been able to locate anyone in Hawaii that I think could handle this....what would you like to do at this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a six shot revolver. Thanks, ***** ***** can find someone. In any case, I still would like to know if I can legally ship the gun out of state?
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
I realized what gun it was after I typed that earlier. You said J.M. Martin, not Marlin and that threw me off.You can legally ship a handgun across the US, but you must ship it through an FFL (gun dealer with a Federal Firearms License). Its a fairly simple process.I have pretty much exhausted all my resources, and I am not seeing anyone in Hawaii that would be qualified to handle your revolver. Hawaii is a very, very difficult state for antique gun appraisals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will get back to you.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
OK...I'll be around.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Just an FYI - I know of an expert in CW firearms that is here in Virginia, if you want to ship the gun for an in person appraisal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will let you know.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sounds good.