TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I put the wrong number into the key pad on my Sentry Safe more

Customer Question

I put the wrong number into the key pad on my Sentry Safe more than one time,now it will not reconize the code. Please advise how to clear and start over.
Category: Firearms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone #(###) ###-####
Expert:  TOM replied 1 year ago.
Hi,When you enter an incorrect code 3 times the lock shuts down. It is usually for 15 minutes and then you can enter the code and proceed as normal. When shut down it also over rides the key. Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tom, I pushed and held the pound key hoping it would clear then I held the star key hoping the same. Now it will not let me in using the right code. Is there something else I should do. If possible can you call me at(###) ###-#### Thank you Ronnie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  TOM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You are going to have to contact Senrty directly. I have told yoy what I know, when the wrong code is entered 3 times it will lock you out, but should reset in a few minutes. I am not a locksmith, sorry but I am going to have to opt out.Tom
Expert:  Big River Guns replied 1 year ago.
The first thing you need to do is install new batteries. This is most likely all it is. use Duracell or Ever Ready batteries is what Sentry Safe recommends. If the batteries are weak the safe will often go into secure mode after the failed attempts but then not release the lock. Try new batteries first.